Arts - Culture - History
Arts, Music, Film and Theater
For those who love to browse the unique shops of small towns looking for something different to take home to remember the trip, our sidewalks are lined with art, music, antiques, clothing and decor shops.
Downtown Blacksburg Virginia offers a large variety of one-of-a-kind shops that appeal to organic, natural and green conscience lover as well as the Virginia Tech Hokie fan, perfect for exploring during weekend getaways.
Look for the “Round the Mountain” and “Crooked Road” signs in various shops and restaurants to view local art and hear the sounds of our talented local musicians as they often play live.
- Gunpowder Springs (540) 626.2828 (part of Palisades Restaurant)
- Miller Off Main Street Galleries (540) 552-6969
- Steve’s Woodworking (540) 921-0197
- Tuckwiller Gallery (540) 552-2630
- Lyric Theater (540) 951-4771
- Taubman Museum Of Art (540) 342-5790
- Pearisburg Merchantile, 200 N. Main Streer, Pearisburg (540) 921-2260
- Troika Contemporary Crafts (540) 745-8764
- The Floyd Country Store (540) 745-4563
Regional Art Centers
Historical and Cultural
The Andrew Johnston house, being built in 1829, is believed to be the oldest brick home in Giles County and houses The Giles County Historical Society.
Historic Smithfield Plantation on Virginia Tech Campus is open for tours by costumed interpreters.
Step back nearly 800 years in time and visit the Wolf Creek Indian Village and Museum in Bastian, Virginia.