HIKE, BIKE, PADDLE
HIKE, BIKE & PADDLE
$165 added to room
Nestled quietly in the heart of the Appalachian Mountains of southwest Virginia, Pearisburg and Giles County offer a relaxed small-town atmosphere for its residents and visitors. However, the area is busting at the seams with excitement and a wide variety of recreational opportunities for the outdoor enthusiasts and adventure lovers of all ages for all seasons.
Let the Inn at Riverbend plan your Outdoor Itinerary for you!
- Canoeing, kayaking, or tubing on the New River
- Pick one, pick all three! Traverse some of the 37 miles of the New River which flow through the heart of Giles County by water.
- The soothing New River provides scene after scene around every bend that is beyond the imagination.
- We will set you up with a local outfitter for your float and all you have to be ready to have fun.
- Lunch will be provided.
Biking on The New River Trail
- The New River Trail is Virginia’s longest linear state park. The 57 mile trail takes you through two tunnels, three major bridges and 30 smaller bridges and trestles.
- The trail has become increasingly popular with bicyclists and is easily accessed via the Dora Trail beginning at the historic Railway Station in downtown Pulaski or next to Draper Mercantile.
- Bring your own mountain or hybrid bicycle or we will reserve one for you to pick up at The Junction, located in Draper Mercantile.
- Lunch certificate will be provided for The Blue Door in Draper Mercantile and Trading Company.
Hiking to the Falls
- Cascade Falls is one of the most beautiful waterfalls in Virginia.
- Little Stony Creek falls over vertical cliffs in several different streams.
- The 69 ft. falls crash into a large wading pool surrounded by 200 foot cliff walls.
- The falls are fairly easy to view with stairways and platforms allowing for photographs.
- CNN Travel recently name it to their Top 10 Spectacular Waterfalls Across the Country.
- It features several shady picturesque picnic spots, secluded native trout streams and the 4-mile scenic trail loop to the falls and back.
- 2 Riverbend Water Bottles, Snack Pack & Parking Fee Cash
So whether you are coming from the Blue Ridge Parkway, Shenandoah Mountains, Asheville or Virginia Beach, we are perfect spot for you to explore our Virginia Mountain Playground!
Feeling the need to get away from it all? Need a little extra pampering or personal time to get back in touch with “you”? Experience an invigorating, stress free weekend and return home relaxed, refreshed and renewed. The Inn at Riverbend is offering a retreat to...read more
Art Retreat at Inn at RiverbendOur bed and breakfast proudly announces a weekend retreat to surround you in the majestic beauty of the New River Valley in luxurious accommodations while learning an exciting watercolor technique from a gifted and award winning artist –...read more
The Benefits of Direct Booking There is a misconception that OTAs (Online Travel Agents) are the best way to book time away from home. The travel industry has undergone mammoth changes, just as all other industries have, when business is conducted solely by price or...read more
How to Enhance Your Company and Renew Your Staff Looking for a welcoming location to inspire new ideas and create team unity among your company's staff? Perhaps you want to reward your hard working team with a few days away from the office, while acknowledging their...read more
10 Outdoor Southwest Virginia Fall Adventures With Autumn quickly approaching, the New River Valley is a great destination to experience the foliage and partake in numerous Fall activities. The Inn at Riverbend is the perfect Southwest Virginia destination to do both;...read more
How NOT to Voluntarily Take a Pay-cut How are you spending your vacation days; do you end up with unused vacation at year end? The Virginia Tourism Corporation is determined to decrease the Nationwide 662 million days of unused vacation time in...read more
Relax, Refuel, Renew RELAX in the heart of the Appalachia, overlooking the New River. We're only 30 miles from Virginia Tech campus, where you’ll find breathtaking views of the New River and Appalachian Mountains as your backdrop. Enjoy listening to the morning birds...read more
Family Reunion, Birthday Celebration or Group Gatherings Looking for a fun and active location for a private group event - family reunion, birthday celebration or girls’ only time? Inn at Riverbend's staff can help coordinate a memorable celebration. Our guest rooms,...read more
Honeymoon or Anniversary Celebration? Planning to treat your special someone to a romantic getaway? Want to take a break from the demands and pressures of everyday life and focus on each other? Looking for a honeymoon stay or a celebration of your relationship? Every...read more
The weather starts getting chilly in late October, leaving our guests here in Giles County, Virginia wondering what to do to get outside and a change of scenery. There are many things to enjoy in Southwest Virginia during the cooler months of fall and winter. You can...read more
Make Your Fun Plans Now! The Inn at Riverbend is the place to be in the summertime! From our balcony, watch paddlers rafting, floating, kayaking and fishing on the New River. Our B&B is located in Giles County; also known as Virginia's Mountain Playground which...read more
Let's Get Married You’re engaged! Congratulations to you both on this happy announcement. So now you start the journey to find the right beginning to your lives together. Let the Inn at Riverbend be your wedding venue. Planning a wedding entails more decisions than...read more
GRAB A BITE TO EAT AT THE PALISADES RESTAURANT Part of the enjoyment of a getaway is experiencing the local cuisine. Besides the gourmet breakfasts that you’ll receive during your stay at the Inn on Riverbend, there are also a number of outstanding restaurants only a...read more
WINTER FUN ALONG THE NEW RIVER VALLEY There are many things to enjoy during the winter in Southwest Virginia. You can share a toast at a winery, hike to a frozen waterfall, fish the icy rivers for brook trout, or count the raptors flying overhead. Whether it is a...read more
CASCADES FALLS -- FOR EVERY SEASON Our guests at the Inn at Riverbend usually have a plan of action for their visit to Giles County. Some may choose to do water activities, others explore the wineries, but almost everyone includes a hike to Cascade Falls. There is...read more