Enjoy Activities on the New River
For Virginia fishing, rafting, kayaking, and more, staying at Inn at Riverbend for your vacation puts you in the perfect location to enjoy all of the recreation opportunities available on the New River.
The New River Water Trail is the perfect place to experience it all. With 37 miles of river and with a water depth that ranges from a few inches to 100 feet in some areas. There is always plenty to do on and near the river. Check out some of the itineraries listed on the official website of the New River today.
Here are just a few local outdoor companies we recommend that can provide all the equipment and direction you need to enjoy the river.
- Tangent Outfitters owner Shawn Hash and his team offer a full-service outdoor company with guided fishing, canoe and kayak rentals, mountain bike rental and tours, river snorkeling, river tubing, plus shuttle service. Visit Tangent Outdoors with fly shop, gas and convenience store, outfitters store and Cascades Cafe.
- New River Outdoor Co. owners Britt and Leigh Stoudenmire of this full service outdoor company provide canoe, kayak and raft rentals on the New River, cabin rentals, guided New River fishing for trophy smallmouth bass.
- New Rivers Edge owner Paul Moody offers a private retreat on the New River perfect for a family reunion. Enjoy a rustic A-frame timber cabin, and shuttle to the Pembroke boat landing for a canoe, kayak or tube float back to the property. Picnic under the 1500 Sq Ft shelter with grills, tables, lights and a stone fireplace.
- New River Junction provide tubing, camping, and access to fishing.
- Tangent Outfitters – (540) 731-5202
- New River’s Edge – (540) 599-8382
- New River Outdoor Co – (540) 921-7438
- New River Junction – (540) 639-6633